The 870 QVO is Samsung’s latest 2nd gen. QLC SSD and the largest of its kind that provides up to 8TB of storage*. Offering an incredible upgrade for everyday PC users who want to ramp-up their desktop PC or laptop to the largest available storage in the market* without compromising on performance.
*8TB is the largest Client SATA SSD as of 8/31/2020.
Enhanced in every way
With an expanded SATA interface limit of 560/530 MB/s sequential speeds, the 870 QVO improves random access speed and sustained performance. Intelligent TurboWrite accelerates write speeds and maintains long-term high performance with a larger variable buffer.
* Performance may vary based on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration.
* Random performance improved up to 13% in QD1 Random read for 870 QVO vs. 860 QVO
* Sustained write performance improved up to 21% for 870 QVO vs. 860 QVO
* Test system configuration : Intel® Core i7-7700k CPU@4.20GHz, DDR4 1200MHz 32GB, OS -Windows 10 Pro 64bit, Chipset - ASUS-PRIME-Z270-A.
The 870 QVO is now available in 1, 2, 4 and 8TB. The 8TB model is by far the largest client SATA SSD. Upgrade to the latest in SATA SSD technology to thrive in today’s digital world.
* 1GB=1,000,000,000 bytes by IDEMA. A certain portion of capacity may be used for system file and maintenance use,
so the actual capacity may differ from what is indicated on the product label.
Reliable and sustainable
The groundbreaking capacity of the 870 QVO doubles its reliability from 1,440 TBW to up to 2,880 TBW, using a refined ECC (error-correcting code) algorithm for stable performance. Plus, it's backed by a limited 3 year warranty* for ultimate peace of mind.
* Warrantied: 360 TBW for 1TB model, 720 TBW for 2TB model, 1,440 TBW for 4TB model, and 2,880 TBW for 8TB model.
* Limited warranty up to 3 years or up to the TBW for each capacity, whichever comes first. For more information on warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Upgrade with ease
Upgrading to 870 QVO is now easier than ever for anyone with a desktop PC or laptop that supports a standard 2.5-inch SATA form factor. Simply plug in the 870 QVO into a SATA slot and let the updated migration software take care of the rest.
Samsung Magician software
Keep your SSD in check with Samsung Magician 6.1 software. Manage your drive and enhance its performance with a wide range of useful tools to keep up with the latest updates and monitor the drive's health and status.
World's No.1 Flash Memory Brand
Experience the performance and reliability from the world's number one brand for flash memory since 2003*. All firmware and components, including Samsung's world-renowned DRAM and NAND, are produced in-house, allowing end-to-end integration for quality you can trust.